Thursday, February 19, 2009

Project Updates

I finally got caught up this week after having the flu. So, here is a long overdue update.

I'm currently in an introductory animation class at IUPUI, and we are required to create an animated short at a minimum of 20 seconds. Here are some pre production images:

As you can see, I'm a big dinosaur fan. Naturally I decided to have my story involve dinosaurs. The premise of this story is going to be like Tom and Jerry-just with dinos and a chess board.
Our animatics were delivered earlier today as well, and is our last pre production step. It's all up to finishing the animation now. But here is the animatic. Nothing too special, just setting up where everything will be and what everything will do.
video












Thursday, February 12, 2009

Better Image of Album Artwork

Here is a larger image for easier viewing.

Album Artwork: Continued

Here is a layout view of the most current version of the album artwork I've been working on. The background has been reworked and text has been added.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Update on Album Artwork


Here is the the roughed in layout digitally for the front and back cover. Track information is going to be used along the 11 pink/purple ellipses.
I plan on reusing the finalized image in the inlay and cd cover. Still a lot of work to do to finish this up before Thursday.

Monday, February 9, 2009

Album Artwork Sketches

Well, I'm feeling better to the point where I can actually sit and work on my computer now, so here is an overdue update on the latest project I'm working on. In my advanced illustration class, we are developing album artwork for the IUPUI Department of Music (titled "Collage"). It is a strict 1-week deadline to create everything, and below are my sketches for the album.
Inside Pages: We are to put brief descriptions of the tracks and the remaining information for the album in these 2 pages.


Cover (Back-Front):